Brandon and I have both decided that we want to travel this year despise our trips cancelling last year. As I recently worked with Airbnb for a GoNear Campaign to help promote safe travel, we had partnered with the Caribbean Tourism Organization to help gather 18 islands that were welcoming visitors.
Below is all of the information you need if you’re considering Turks & Caicos as a future destination.
1. Take a PCR COVID Test within 5 days of arriving at TCI
2. Apply for ‘Authorization Form’ to enter the country – I suggest you submit this once you receive your COVID results.
3. Travel insurance is MANDATORY. They request this to make sure that you have international medical that covers COVID. We used TRAVELEX and paid $80 for the price of 2 people.
4. Eligible Passport (be aware that some countries outside of TCI will require a Visa, USA is not required)
5. Know the final destination address + name + phone number of the POC (they’ll ask for it at customs)
6. Be aware that you’ll fill out 3-4 forms on the plane before arriving so bring a pen because they won’t supply you with any
THINGS TO KNOW:
- Market food is expensive so be aware you’ll spend some $$ at the market
- Beer + Wine is the most expensive alcohol
- They don’t have Uber so I HIGHLY suggest to rent a car to get around the Island
- They drive on the left side of the road and the driver seat is on the right side
- You need a negative PCR test within 3 days of leaving the TCI Island – we booked ours here: https://sevenstarsspa.simplybook.me/v2/
- Bring your own alcohol – customs will accept 1 liter + 3 cigars at the airport
- Bring everything you think you’ll need (reef safe sunscreen, clothes, snacks, flask, snorkeling, etc. ) Truthfully, I packed all of my healthy snacks because I knew I’ld be grubbing between meals and the market was very expensive so I brought non-perishable food
- You can book your excursions there, there’s plenty of vendors in Downtown
- Buy alcohol at Fotagg – Bambarra + Cuba Libre’s are exclusively sold in TCI
- Buy WHITE Hennessy if it’s available, it’s a Caribbean only item
- If you need cash you can go to Instant Cash in Downtown $5 service charge
FOOD + ENTERTAINMENT:
- Taylor Bay Beach – it’s hidden but – search up: Ocean Point Drive, park on the right side of the street (really small space) you’ll find the small path between two private homes gated: Ocean Point + Sul Mare
- Mango Reef Restaurant
- Danny Bouys – more for night out entertainment and drinks but it was fun (T&Th are karaoke night)
- Da Conch Shack – a must, we ordered Conch Ceviche + Conch Crack
- Somewhere Cafe – Mexican food but their food was really good
- Bugaloos: stop by on your way back from Taylor Beach – really cute and they had live music, jerk chicken was fire, and staff was super nice because they spoke Spanish!
- Hideaway Cafe – food there was bomb and her jerk chicken was amazing. Her name is Aunty Diane and she gave us the recipe – all cash!
- Mini Catamaran: High Wave Tours $350 for 2 hours
- Island Vibe Tours – Full day boat + bbq + snorkeling + drinks: $200/person and you stop at Iguana Island
Car Rental: https://www.sixt.com/